The CGIAR System Board (“System Board”) may establish committees of the System Board, and other ad-hoc working groups and task teams, as it deems appropriate to carry out its work.
Audit and Risk Committee
In line with the Charter of the CGIAR System Organization, the System Board appoints appropriately qualified individuals to serve as members of an Audit and Risk Committee (ARC).
The purpose of the ARC is to provide the System Board with independent assurance of adequate internal audit capacity, system-wide governance, risk management and internal controls.
The approved terms of reference are available here
The ARC comprises up to five members who serve in their personal capacity in the interests of the CGIAR System as a whole:
Current serving CGIAR Center/Alliance-affiliated members, for the term stated below or until such time as a successor is appointed:
- Nancy Andrews (Audit & Risk Committee Chair, Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT), for an initial term until April 30, 2021.
- Chemutai Murgor (Audit Committee Chair, IWMI and Audit & Risk Committee member, WorldFish), for an initial term until December 31, 2021.
- Hilary Wild (System Board member; Finance and Audit Committee Chair, ICARDA; Audit, Finance & Risk Committee member, AfricaRice; Audit & Risk Committee member, Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT; Audit & Risk Committee member, IFPRI; and Audit & Finance Committee member, IITA), for an initial term until August 31, 2021.
Two Independent members, for the term stated below or until such time as a successor is appointed:
- Clarissa van Heerden, ARC Chair, until August 31, 2021.
- Maurice Goddard, for an initial term until December 31, 2021.