The CGIAR System Board (“System Board”) may establish committees of the System Board, and other ad-hoc working groups and task teams, as it deems appropriate to carry out its work.
The CGIAR Audit, Finance, and Risk Committee (AFRC)
The AFRC is a common Committee of the System Board and of the Boards of the CGIAR Centers and Alliances who have adopted unified governance arrangements as part of One CGIAR.
The AFRC provides all Boards to which it reports with:
- reasonable assurance of performance of internal audit for each of One CGIAR’s legal entities;
- delivery of independent external audit for Board approval;
- reasonable assurance of the integrity of financial information;
- oversight of systems of risk management, an internal control framework and an ethics framework; and
- oversight of compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct.
The AFRC provides the System Board with reasonable assurance of adequate internal audit capacity, system-wide governance, risk management and internal controls across CGIAR System.
The Terms of Reference are available here.
|Clarissa van Heerden (Chair)||June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2024|
|Nancy Andrews||June 1, 2021 – August 31, 2023|
|Esteban Chong||June 1, 2021 – August 31, 2023|
|Richard Golding||June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2024|
|Chemutai Murgor||June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2024|
|Hilary Wild (System Board voting member)||June 1, 2021 – August 31, 2023|