As an integral part of the CGIAR System and the governance body of the CGIAR System Organization, the CGIAR System Board (“System Board”), comprising eight Voting members, two Ex-Officio Non-Voting members and six Active observers, is responsible for providing dynamic leadership and governance for CGIAR in the delivery of its mission, and for appointing and overseeing the Executive Management Team.
Working in partnership with the CGIAR System Council, the System Board keeps under review the effectiveness of the CGIAR System, its reputation for excellence, and adopts and monitors compliance with CGIAR policies, procedures and guidelines, with a view to ensuring results and the continued relevance of CGIAR’s agricultural research for development.
The System Board may recommend actions that may be considered to better respond to the evolving challenges of international agricultural research, taking into account any recommendations of the System Council.
Until August 31, 2020, the Board of the CGIAR System Organization was known as the “CGIAR System Management Board” (SMB). For this reason, some related documents still contain this terminology, which are anticipated to be adjusted through relevant approvals by end-2020.
- Charter of the CGIAR System Organization
- Terms of Reference for Chair of the System Management Board
- Terms of Reference for CGIAR common board members
- Rules of Procedure of the System Board
- Appointment of CGIAR System Board/common board member 2020/Q4
- Framework for declarations of interests – System Management Board
- High-Level Summary – Functions in the CGIAR System
- CGIAR Resource Mobilization, Communications and Advocacy Strategy – Working Paper