NARES-CGIAR Leadership Meeting: Genetic Innovation
THE SECOND LEADERSHIP CONSULTATION MEETING: NARES - CGIAR - AIDE MEMOIRE
08:30 am > 06:00 pm UTC-11:00
By invitation only
When: October 26, 2023, following 3rd African Plant Breeders Association (APBA) Conference
Where: Marakech, Morocco
What: Within Genetic Innovation and beyond, CGIAR is undergoing a transition to have greater impact in collaboration with national partners. CGIAR, national agricultural research and extension systems (NARES) and regional leadership meet in an in-person event to determine what has changed and progressed since the 2022 meeting, and what should be the plans going forward to ensure strong NARES-CGIAR collaboration on genetic innovation and positive impacts in farmers’ fields. The event follows on and assesses progress on the 2022 Aide Memoire, which laid out principles and actions for collaboration.
The day is divided into three sections and will result in agreed next steps:
- Session I – What has happened thus far?
- Session II – SRO and ARI alignment
- Session III – Areas that need further attention, how do we measure progress?
Participation: This event was by invitation only and is hosted by the CGIAR Genetic Innovation Science Group. Participants included National Agricultural Research and Extension Services (NARES) leaders, CGIAR Genetic Innovation leaders, regional organizations, CGIAR breeding program leaders. A range of CGIAR Centers also partipated, and Genetic Innovation Research Initiatives involved included: Accelerated Breeding, Breeding Resources, Genebanks, Market Intelligence, Seed Equal.
Aide Memoire: (agreed and signed, Oct. 26, 2023)
- Aide Memoire PDF (Nov. 9 version with updated participant list)
- Baboucarr_CGIAR Breeding Alignment with Regional Strategies
- Bish_Marrakesh Meeting Opening
- Busiso_Feedback from Southern Africa National partners on CGIAR
- Danquah_WACCI NARES Talk, October 26, 2023
- Draft indicatorsCG-NARES Partnerships
- Godfrey_ EA Feedback on CG-NARES Partnerships
- Godfrey_ASARECA Feedback
- Harish Maryam CG-NARES_DCP_Marrakech_Morroco
- Ousmane_NARES-CG-SROs Alignment in SSA-CCARDESA_FINAL
- Rubyogo_Bean research and Science through effective partnerships 26.10.2023
- Thaye Thiago_Market segmentation update_261023
- Event news story: As CGIAR-NARES networks deliver improved crops, new plans are set to accelerate progress
- Event photos: Google Drive
- LinkedIn post
- Event agenda: Second Consultation Leadership MeetingProgram_19 10 23 (PDF)
- First meeting 2022 event page: including PPTs
- 2022 Aide Memoire document
- Story about 2022 event: CGIAR and national partners move toward stronger crop breeding partnerships to benefit Sub-Saharan African farmers
Support: We would like to thank all funders who support this research through their contributions to the CGIAR Trust Fund. Special thanks to CGIAR research centers, and supporters and national partners, which include but are not limited to the following: