3rd African Plant Breeders Association (APBA) Conference
23.10.23 > 27.10.23
12:00 am > 12:00 am UTC-11:00
- WHERE: Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P) | Benguerir, Morocco
- WHEN: October 23rd – 27th, 2023
- ABSTRACT DEADLINE: September 15, 2023
The African Plant Breeders Association (APBA) Conference was initiated in 2019 to disseminate the latest knowledge and achievements in the field of agriculture, to enhance research and development (R&D) for sustainable agriculture production systems in Africa. APBA conference brings together around 400 international scientists and experts representing different national and international institutions (CGIAR research centers), universities, research institutions, private companies, donors, etc.).
It is a good opportunity for plant breeders, researchers, students, private companies as well as national agriculture policy makers to share their knowledge and discuss their research findings and recent achievements. Such interactions will help in preparing strategies and partnerships to tackle future challenges in R&D for the African continent and open opportunities for potential collaborative actions. Two previous APBA conferences have been successfully organized in Accra, Ghana (2019) and Kigali, Rwanda (2021). Both events significantly contributed to the promotion of international collaborations in basic, fundamental, applied and strategic research areas particularly in the field of crop improvement.
The African Plant Breeders Association (APBA) is an initiative of full-fledged scientists, students, and professionals in Africa from higher education institutions (HEIs), research organizations and private companies who felt the need to change the narrative of crop improvement and the seed sector in Africa. It is a forum dedicated to building capacities, problem-solving, resource mobilization, and long-term strategic development of the agricultural sector in Africa through effective plant breeding programs and provision of tangible solutions to governments, seed companies, nongovernmental organizations and farmers.
CGIAR aims to have a strong showing at the event, and meetings before/after/alongside the conference are in development. CGIAR encourages its scientists and its NARES partners to submit abstracts and posters to bring our innovations and achievements to these important audiences.
Early registration: by Aug 31: https://apbaconf2023.um6p.ma/register
Submit an abstract or poster: By Sept 15
- Guidelines: https://apbaconf2023.um6p.ma/guidlines
- Submission form: Google form
- Themes: Submissions for keynote slots, oral presentations or posters are welcome on these themes:
- Advances in Genetic Innovation and Technology
- Agri-food systems research towards Food sovereignty and Nutrition security
- Dealing with Global Shocks from a Crop Improvement Perspective
- Capacity Building and Education in Crop Improvement
- Advances in Forgotten and Underutilized Crop Research
- Seed Systems and Germplasm conservation
- Precision Phenotyping for Crop Improvement