Research Technician – Pre- Breeding
ICRISAT is seeking applications for the post of Research Technician-Pre-Breeding, from Indian Nationals. The incumbents will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters at Patancheru, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- To generate crosses involving wild species in Pigeon-pea
- To attend green house and field activities related to wide hybridization and pre-breeding in pigeonpea
- To assist in the evaluation of Pigeon-pea pre-breeding material for different traits across locations in India
- To supervise/assist in crop production activities like planting, weeding, harvesting and seed processing activities
- To prepare planting materials, field layouts, record field and post-harvest data and processing of samples
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Computer skills (MS-Office)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team
Science graduate or B.Tech
Experience: 1 or 2 years of relevant experience
This is a Locally Recruited Staff [LRS] position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 07 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer