Project Assistant-Computational Biology
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Project Assistant in Computational Biology position to work in rice genetic improvement in a multi-disciplinary team comprising scientists from various disciplines. This position is required for the maintenance of equipment related computation biology and assist in establishes pipelines for analysing whole-genome re-sequencing datasets (3K Panel) and associated with sequencing-based trait mapping. The position will be based at IRRI-SA Hub, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru. The position is within the Rice Breeding Platform-South Asia Region. It will report to the Regional Breeding Lead – South Asia.
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science, improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers, and protecting rice-growing environments for future generations. For more information, visit www.irri.org
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information, visit www.icrisat.org
- Explore and understand of data-sets and data-formats from NGS experiments.
- Assist in manage and create the data in required data formats.
- Assist in analyzing NGS data using tools, like BOWTIE, BWA, STAR, etc.,
- Analyse the data using R packages like SNP related, GAPIT, etc.,
- Summarize, arrange and write in reports
- Data collection and analysis performs quality control, monitors data for accuracy, uploads data to database system within agreed upon timelines with the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc or B.Tech in Computer Science/ Life Science/ Mathematics with one-year relevant work experience
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
- Experience in R, NGS tools and data management
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
This is a Consolidated Position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 21 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”