Head – Information Systems Unit (ISU)
ICRISAT invites application for the position of Head of Information Systems Unit(ISU). The incumbent will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters in Patancheru, Telangana State, India and would report to Director-Finance and Institute Services.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Oversee the development, operations, maintenance and support of the institute’s ICT systems and infrastructure
- Manage IT budget and review processes of managing infrastructure consisting of server, networks, data center, Internet bandwidth, IT security and compliance.
- Manage application and resources on Cloud Platforms
- Manage perimeter security and involved ICT devices firewall and intrusion detection/prevention systems and enhance Anti-virus systems, and conducting security vulnerability tests.
- Manage Micrsoft365 Tenant including users and their licencing, Azure Active Directory, Sharepoint site collections, Powerbi, PowerApps, Microsoft Flows and Teams, and Amazon cloud for domain registration and configuring traffic rules
- Implement relevant modern ICT technologies and lead continuous process improvement, along with optimizing cost
- Ensure successful query resolution raised by various internal and external stakeholders, by the ICT team
- Ensure successful process execution and service delivery by managing communication within internal stakeholders across ICRISAT
- Manage awareness and training sessions for ICT team and staff on implementing new systems
- Ensure effective delivery of ICT services as per institutional standard and protocols
- Improve the quality of its programs to achieve operational excellence through the use of technology
- Fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration and learning in the ICT work environment
- Masters in ICT related discipline
- Minimum Experience: 15 Years of relevant experience of mid-size ICT setup, with 7-8 years of relevant experience in the role of a Manager/leading a team is preferable
- Ability to identify and implement new technologies, new ICT comports at all level of ICT.
- Proactive approach in case of managing ICT equipment and other service concerns
This is a Scientific & Managerial Group (SMG) position for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 22 July 2021, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please “CLICK HERE” to apply
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer