The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Data Analyst.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please note that this is a strictly temporary position for 6 months.
- Statistical analysis and data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Run an ETL process, so as processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Design, implement and operate performance indicators.
- Data mining techniques application, statistical analysis, and design/implementation of descriptive analytics
- Run scripts to automate data input preparation, process implementation and structure output format.
- Conduct data analyses and package results tailored for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, analytical results to internal and external stakeholders, including developing graphics.
- Feed visualization products to share analysis across a large group of users.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics or Computer Science.
- The selected candidate must have 1-3 years of experience working a releated position.
- The selected candidate must have knowledge in:
- Conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within a discipline.
- Analysing data, situations, or problems, evaluating possible courses of action and choose
- Taking reasoned decisions, usually based on policy, established process, precedents, or common sense
- Identifying options based on research and consideration of their consequences
- Providing inputs into decision making on complex problems.
- The selected candidate must show ability to analyse complex data, carry out and explain computations or to resolve complex problems
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work independently, to prioritize and to plan.
- Intermediate level of English (written and conversational). English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.