The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Coordinator for ensure the accuracy, efficiency and integrity of Accounting Unit related information.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Manage accurate and timely processing of Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets processes including but not limited to document review, vendor and fixed assets master databases set-up and maintenance, invoice processing, posting of purchase orders, petty cash reimbursements, checks issuance, expense allocation for multi-currency operations, central filing room, record all fixed asset purchases for HQ, Experimental Stations and Regional Offices including activations, deactivations, transfers, sales, work in progress and depreciation.
- Execute Balance sheet reconciliation process for accounts under the responsibility.
- Oversee VAT refund process and liaise with representatives of the Mexican Ministry of Treasury.
- Conduct annual fixed assets counting in HQ, Experimental Stations and Regional Offices.
- Responsible for ERP’s Accounts Payable and Fixed Assets modules.
- Ensure accurate coding of expenditures and enhance workflows and procedures.
- Coordinate monthly accounting closing per deadlines, including appropriate accruals booking, account reconciliations, kpi’s and financial analysis.
- Validate and track information provided for internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with applicable both local and foreign regulations.
- Implement adequate internal controls and policies and improve performance measurements and quality controls as required.
- Supervise and develop staff, provide daily guidance, resolve issues, identify and communicate priorities, enhance time management skills and ensure appropriate training.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service by resolving questions and issues quickly and accurately.
- Act as resident expert and participate in ERP updates to enhance efficiency and business requirements.
- Lead on all projects related to Accounting Unit.
- Implement employee expense reporting tool and provide support to users.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- The selected candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, working with ERP and IFRS implementation.
- The selected candidate must show an expertise level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- The selected candidate must show solid knowledge and experience managing Financial Systems, ERP’s, databases, data extraction methods, report presentations and analytical skills. Experience in the usage of MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English (written and conversational). English will be tested and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Team leadership, Critical Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Problem solving decision-making and negotiation conflict-resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21188 Accounting Coordinator. Screening and follow-up will begin on Friday, January 13th, 2023. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Carlos Lem email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.