The CGIAR System Management Office invited the 15 CGIAR Centers and their partners to submit a set of 13 interconnected pre-proposals, for 2017-22, to address the selected global challenges identified in CGIAR’s 2016 – 2030 Strategy & Results Framework (SRF). The SRF and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provided the strategic direction, research priorities and the results framework for the 2nd Call for CGIAR Research Programs (CRP 2).
The CRP 2 Portfolio has been developed and informed by the Fund Council, ISPC, Centers and other stakeholders with a vision of a world free of poverty, hunger and environmental degradation. By 2030, the action of CGIAR and its partners will result in 150 million fewer hungry people, 100 million fewer poor people – at least 50% of whom are women, and 190 million ha less degraded land, through the work of the interconnected CGIAR Research Programs.
The roadmap for the CRP 2 Portfolio will proceed according to three key phases: pre-proposals, full proposals and getting down to work. The roadmap has been designed to enhance the overall excellence and value for money of the CRP 2 Portfolio. Implementation of the 2016-2030 SRF is planned in phases, with 2017-22 representing the initial 6-year operational period.
Agri-food System Programs Pre-Proposals
- Dryland Cereals Legumes
- Fish (Performance Indicator Matrix)
- Forest & Agroforestry Landscapes
- Livestock (cover letter; Performance Indicator Matrix; Table of Target Beneficiaries)
- Maize (cover letter)
- Rice (cover letter; Performance Indicator Matrix)
- Roots, Tubers & Bananas (cover letter; Performance Indicator Matrix; Table of Target Beneficiaries)
- Wheat (cover letter; Ayyappan letter; CAAS letter)
Global Integrating Programs Pre-Proposals
- Climate Change (Performance Indicator Matrix; Table of Target Beneficiaries)
- Genebanks ++
- Nutrition & Health
- Policies, Institutions and Markets (PIM responses to SPPC comments)
- Water, Land, Soils & Ecosystems (cover letter; Performance Indicator Matrix)
Coordinating Platforms Expressions of Interest
|Expression of Interest for Accelerating breeding gains and impacts||CIMMYT (cover letter)|
|Expression of Interest for CGIAR Big Data Analytics Platform||CIAT (cover letter)
|Expression of Interest for coordinating the Capacity Development Platform||IITA
|Expression of Interest for Gender Platform||IFPRI/CIAT/ICRAF|
|Expression of Interest for Genetic Resources Policy Coordinating Platform||BIOVERSITY|