The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit four (04) dynamic and experienced Research Associate-Agronomist to ensure the field activities and support the implementation of the “Enhancing Agricultural Recovery and Combatting Malnutrition in Drought-Affected Southern Madagascar Utilizing Nutritious, Climate-Resilient Vitamin A Sweetpotato“ BHA project in Madagascar.
The Position: These positions will be hosted by AfricaRice in Madagascar and will report to the Senior Project Manager and Country Liaison Scientist. They will be based in Ambovombe, Tsihombe, Taolognaro and Bekily respectively.
- Train CAPs and DVMs to conduct double S and Triple S.
- Coordinate CAPs conducting trainings at the Training Groups level.
- Assist the DVMs for the vines and root production and markets.
- Conduct awareness campaign on nutrition and root conservation at community level.
- Conduct other activities as indicated by the project coordinator and stated in monthly workplans
- Master’s degree in Agronomy, Biology, Nutrition, or related area.
- At least 5 years of experience required.
- Knowledge of agriculture in Madagascar and field experience in agriculture preferred.
- Specialized knowledge about sweetpotato preferred.
- Knowledge of irrigation preferred.
- Skills in training smallholder farmers, especially using participatory approaches.
- Experience in agricultural extension, working with smallholder farms.
- Skills in Planning and Organization Capacity, Team spirit, Interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in French and Malagasy, English preferred
- Local language of the South is an advantage.
- Ability to use digital tools preferred.
- Ability to ride motorcycle and license preferred.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on September 22, 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will have contact with children or vulnerable adults.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.