The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Research Assistant / Research Analyst 1 (RA/SRA) for a one-year, renewable appointment in its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. The Research Assistant/Research Analyst 1 will work primarily (80%) on the EC-funded Food Security Portal and the Africa Food Security Portal, providing research and project-related support to the EC-funded Food Security Portal (FSP) and to the USAID-funded African Growth and Development Policy (AGRODEP) Modeling Consortium project. This position is based in Dakar, Senegal. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance in data management, display, and documentation.
- Assist in content migration to the new FSP site.
- Provide assistance in FSP-related events (e.g. webinars, dialogues, tools) and outreach and in AGRODEP-related events (e.g. trainings, research collaborations) and outreach, including through social media
- Perform literature reviews and assist in drafting reports and presentations
- Assist in the development of FSP e-learning courses.
- Assist with communications with FSP and AGRODEP research collaborators and partners
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors’ degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Economics, Statistics, or closely related field.
- At the Research Analyst level, a master’s degree in one of the above fields is required.
- Experience with data processing, analysis, and management using various statistical software packages (Excel, STATA, R);
- Experience with presenting data and results graphically using data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, BI, R Shiny);
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and with initiative, with colleagues from diverse cultures.
- Familiarity with issues related to poverty, economic growth, food security, and agricultural or rural development in Africa.
- Experience with delivery of e-learning courses.
- Experience with website content-management (for AGRODEP).
- Experience with using social media (Twitter, Facebook).