Research Analyst I /II
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst I/II for a full-time one-year, renewable appointment in the Development Strategy and Governance Division. The successful applicant will provide support to the Myanmar Agriculture Policy Support Activity. This will include intensive data work on high-frequency nationally and sub-regionally representative phone surveys collecting socio-economic, welfare, and agricultural activity data, among others. The position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington D.C. and is renewable based on performance and funding. Final grade level will be determined by level of education and years of relevant work experience.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of quantitative phone surveys, including questionnaire development, training (remotely), and data quality checks.
- Organizing, cleaning, and manipulating large household datasets.
- Collaborating with the research team on analysis of household survey data.
- Contributing to project reports and other deliverables, including preparing tables, graphs, drafting report sections, and preparing dashboard indicators.
- Assisting in preparing large datasets for public access, including data documentation.
- Contributing to literature reviews and summarizing findings.
- Presenting findings through virtual presentations.
- Supporting analysis of research papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
- Research Analyst I: Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, statistics or a closely related field
- Research Analyst II: Master’s degree in one of the above fields plus minimum of three years of relevant experience after the Master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience working with large quantitative data sets (data cleaning, management, analysis, etc.)
- Advanced Stata skills, including programming
- Experience interpreting and communicating the results of data analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas
- Experience in survey design, questionnaire design, and conducting and supervising household surveys in developing countries.
- Experience with data management and preparing datasets for public access.
- Experience developing PowerPoint presentations and presenting research findings.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Experience with designing survey instruments using CAPI software packages (Survey CTO, CSPro, Survey Solutions, etc)
- Experience with dashboard development using Tableau.
- Experience working in developing countries
- Physical Demand & Work environment:
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
Click Here to Apply