The Development Strategy and Governance Unit of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Research Analyst I. This is a full time, one-year, renewable appointment. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC. The analyst will provide research support for quantitative studies on various topics related to agricultural productivity, market and value chain development, migration, agriculture-nutrition linkages, individuals’ aspirations and attitudes, public investment, and political economy. The analyst will clean and statistically analyze large and complex cross-sectional datasets, prepare graphics and tables summarizing findings, write up results, conduct trainings on survey questionnaire design and data analysis, manage datasets, and prepare and deliver presentations. It is expected that the analyst will have the opportunity to co-author research papers and reports.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform various tasks involving data cleaning and maintenance, data collection, and data analysis using Stata.
- Assist in various research aspects of econometric analysis.
- Conduct literature reviews and syntheses.
- Assist in the drafting and editing of research papers, blogs, policy briefs, technical guidance, presentations, etc.
- Participate in knowledge exchanges and remain current on literature, policies, and best practices related to agriculture, markets and value chains, economic development, poverty reduction and other topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Economics, Agricultural Economics, international development or closely related fields plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in above mentioned fields.
- Familiarity with data management, processing, and analysis in Stata, and major identification strategies in econometrics.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, including in providing regular updates on progress, proposing next steps, and communicating research findings through oral and written methods.
- Strong willingness to learn as well as self-teach new technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews, synthesize research findings, and draft policy briefs and research papers.
- Experience preparing research presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and editing skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally, if needed.
- Experience conducting research in developing countries.
- Experience in research paper and proposal development.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results, optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all of the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
To Apply Click Here