The Development Strategy and Governance Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst. The successful candidate will work on several research projects, involving household survey data collection and analysis. This position is based in Yangon, Myanmar, and may include travel and extended stays in different parts of rural Myanmar. Interested applicants must be authorized to work in Myanmar.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collection, cleaning, and analysis of primary and secondary data
- Assist in handling household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire)
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analysis
- Conduct literature reviews & synthesis
- Contribute to the writing of discussion papers, donor reports, and other scholarly publications.
- Coordinate field implementation of survey activities (scoping, pretesting, training survey enumerators, etc.)
- Prepare large datasets for public access
- Develop data documentation manuals or other learning materials, as needed
- Help develop & coordinate technical workshops
- Interact with collaborators and project partners.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Agricultural Economics, International Development or related field plus 2 years of experience or a Master’s degree in above mentioned areas.
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating activities in the field
- Demonstrated experience in effective interaction and coordination with collaborators and project partners.
- Demonstrated experience working with large quantitative data sets (data cleaning, management, analysis, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English and Myanmar language.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel.
- Skilled in programming in STATA, GAMS and in managing household databases.
- Excellent econometric skills on cross-section and panel data analysis.
- Experience with data entry and CAPI software packages.
- Proficiency in Shan, Karen, Kachin, Chin, and/or Mon language.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will seat in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.