Spotlight Session: Resilient aquatic food systems for healthy people and environment in the Asia-Pacific region
12:00 am > 03:30 pm
A virtual event exploring pathways for sustainably increasing the contribution of aquatic foods through policies, partnerships and processes to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals in Asian-Pacific nations.
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Time: 14:30-15:30 (UTC+8)
In the upcoming Healthy Oceans Tech and Finance Forum hosted by Asian Development Bank (ADB), WorldFish will be leading the Blue Foods thematic track during the three-day forum. In a spotlight session led by WorldFish, global research leaders and senior researchers from WorldFish and IWMI will come together to introduce the new CGIAR-wide research program on ‘Resilient Aquatic Food Systems for Healthy People and Planet’ and its contribution to the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals agenda.
With a focus on the CGIAR and partners program in India as a case study, they will identify key areas of investment in aquatic food systems that could enable transformations that will result in more environmentally sustainable and healthier food systems and a prosperous future for the aquatic food sector actors in the emergent blue economy.
- Essam Yassin Mohammed, Interim Director General, WorldFish & Acting Senior Director, Aquatic Food Systems, CGIAR
- Edward Allison, Interim Director, Science and Research, WorldFish
- Marie-Charlotte Buisson, Senior Researcher, Development & Agricultural Economics, IWMI
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Global Lead, Nutrition & Public Health, WorldFish & 2021 World Food Prize Laureate
- Arun Padiyar, Project Manager, Sustainable Aquaculture, WorldFish, India
- Michael Akester, Regional Director, South East Asia and Pacific, WorldFish
Make sure you visit WorldFish’s virtual booth at the link here.
Follow WorldFish and the hashtag #aquaticfoods and #ADBHealthyOceans to check out past conversations on Twitter.