A rapid increase in aquaculture production in Bangladesh has lowered fish prices, increased protein consumption, and reduced poverty. The Making of a Blue Revolution in Bangladesh offers a valuable case study of how this transformation in the fish value chain has occurred and how it has improved the lives of both fish producers and fish consumers and considers the future potential of aquaculture in Bangladesh.
Join us as the book’s authors share important takeaways with major implications for policymakers.
- Paul Dorosh, Director of Development Strategy and Governance Division, IFPRI
- Nicholas Minot, Deputy Division Director of Markets, Trade, and Institutions Division, IFPRI
- Shahidur Rashid, Director for South Asia, IFPRI
- Loraine Ronchi, Practice Manager for South Asia, Agriculture, World Bank Group
- Xiaobo Zhang, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director of Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff in the Director General’s Office, IFPRI