Adapting to New Climate Realities: Doing More, Better, and New
Washington, DC, USA
The Global Commission on Adaptation seeks to highlight the adaptation challenges confronting poor people, notably poor farmers whose livelihoods are fragile and dependent on the weather and launch a year of action to begin rising to meet this challenge.
In this seminar, IFPRI researchers advance paths towards meeting the adaptation challenge by doing more, better, and new.
- Neil Watkins, Deputy Director, Agricultural Development & Nutrition, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- More R&D to increase agricultural productivity: Keith Wiebe, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Better risk management: Claudia Ringler, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Better at strengthening women’s and men’s resilience: Elizabeth Bryan, Senior Scientist, IFPRI
- New innovations in agricultural extension and rural advisory services: Simrin Makhija, Senior Research Analyst, IFPRI
- New ideas on sustainable pest management: It takes a village: Wei Zhang, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Implications: Channing Arndt, Director, Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI
- Manish Bapna, Managing Director, World Resources Institute
- Simeon Ehui, Director, Sustainable Development, Africa, World Bank
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director, Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff in the Director General’s Office, IFPRI