The CGIAR System Management Office, hosted in Montpellier, France, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the CGIAR System Organization, an international organization governed by the Charter of the CGIAR System Organization.
- Coordinating the development of the CGIAR Strategy and Results Framework.
- Developing, in consultation with the CGIAR Research Centers, guidelines and research standards for the CGIAR Portfolio
- Strategically promoting the mission, reputation and activities of the CGIAR System
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of a CGIAR System-wide risk management framework
- Preparing annual analyses of the CGIAR Portfolio in consultation with the Centers
- Monitoring implementation of decisions arising from evaluations of CGIAR Research
The System Management Office is organized into a number of different teams.