Scientific Officer – RECL-ICRISAT Project (Telangana & Andhra Pradesh)
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Scientific Officer (2 positions) for to be based in watershed project sites in Wanaparthy district (Telangana, India) and Anantapur district (Andhra Pradesh, India). This position reports to the Project In-charge.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Support in planning and implementation of water conservation structures, and efficient management of water, soil and crop resources
- Community mobilization and development of community-based organizations
- Conduct on-farm trials/demos to enhance system productivity and collect high quality data through crop-cuttings/farmer-records and timely preparation/submission of field progress reports
- To promote farm-based livelihoods and mainstreaming of women farmers
- Train the farmers / farm facilitators/technicians and dissemination of good practices
- Liaising with stakeholders like farmers, researchers, NGO, line-department and others
- Support in baseline, systematic documentation of various on-farm activities and impact assessment
- Any other responsibility as entrusted by the supervisor
- M.Sc. in Soil & Water Engineering, Soil Science, Agronomy or other related discipline in agriculture with one or 2 years of experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Telugu languages
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office)
- Person with a flair for field work and suitable experience will be preferred
- A team player and adaptable to working in an inter-disciplinary and multicultural team
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Well versed with computer operations and digital reporting
This is a Consolidated position for two years with the possibility of extension depending on requirement, funding availability, and performance of the incumbent.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 18 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”