ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Post-Harvest Specialist to strengthen the postharvest activities in South Asia. This position will be based at WorldVeg – South and Central Asia Regional Office in ICRISAT-Patancheru, Hyderabad and is open for Indian nationals only.
WorldVeg is the world’s largest international non-profit research and development center focused on alleviating poverty and malnutrition in developing countries through the increased production and consumption of nutritious and health-promoting vegetables. Founded in 1971 with headquarters in Taiwan, the Center’s global work covers East and Southeast Asia, sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Central Asia. For more information please visit our website: worldveg.org.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information visit www.icrisat.org
- Assist in the establishment, use and upkeep of the postharvest research and demonstration facilities, conduct and manage fresh produce handling and processing researches
- Assist in breeding and production research for postharvest traits and in value chain and impact studies
- Contribute to outreach and capacity building programs
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals and other initiatives
- Publish research and review papers in refereed journals and reviewed conference proceedings
- Provide activity and progress reports and support services to official activities
- Collaborate with other researchers within the organization and other advanced research institutes and universities
- Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Postharvest Technology, Horticulture or Agriculture (major in postharvest technology), Food Science (vegetables or fruit) or Agricultural Engineering (postharvest engineering)
- Highly skilled in the use of statistical analysis software programs
- 3 to 5 years’ extensive experience in agricultural development project management
- Sound knowledge of scientific writing and demonstrated ability to write successful project proposals
- Should have Demonstrated project management skills
- Good analytical and technical skills to plan, implement, analyze, and communicate research findings
- Should have proved the ability to deliver outputs on time and accurately with minimum supervision
- Proven significant research publication record
- Willingness to work both in the field and the laboratory is essential
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
This is a Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) position and initially will be for two years with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance, and funding availability.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 30 April 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”