Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer to work with the team to refine the integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan and Data Collection Tools for measurement against the project indicators and targets and identify lessons learned.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency of the monitoring & evaluation system and tools as per donors’ compliances.
- Build the capacity of project staff on using the content of the Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- Help to plan, operationalize, and implement the project MEL system in collaboration with the MEL focal point, Project Manager, Project teams, partners, and the MEL team.
- Mentor and oversee field team to increase their skill on MEL issues.
- Supervise and oversee the data collection process, cleaning, capture training of data enumerators, and regularly support of the data enumerators and data clerk.
- Ensure the flow of quality information for analytical report preparation.
- Update MEL Manager on recent field activities and convey new messages to other team members.
- Responsible for updating the Field team on the latest update against the indicators and acting as field office MEL focal point.
- Support MEL focal point in data analysis, presentation preparation, and updating MEL Plan.
- Assist in survey and study designing and work closely with MEL focal point to ensure high-level quality throughout the entire process.
- Assist in the development and revision of the annual work plan, budgeting, and strategies for the project.
- Plan, support, and execute the project learning document preparation and present it where required.
- Write short reports, success stories, and/or reports based on findings.
- Support MEL focal point in different activities with multi-project support approach.
- Represent the MEL findings where required.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Agri-economics/ Science/ Statistics/ Geography/ Development Studies.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, ODK, SPPS/R/Python and GIS.
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking, English will be tested.
- At least 2 years in USAID funded projects focusing MEL activity.
- Basic knowledge of MEL system Survey designing, analysis and interpretation and USAID FtF indicators.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision making, Negotiation and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M23162 MEL Officer.
For more information on the recruitment process please, contact Valeria Galicia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.