HR Analyst/HR Coordinator
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org.
Duty station: Kathmandu
HR Administration & Operations
- Oversee all HR Administration and General activities in CIMMYT’s Nepal country office, from hiring to retiring of the locally Recruited Staff members.
- Provide effective and proactive support to the administration of the Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) posted in Nepal in close collaboration with the IRS HR Management team in HQs.
- Administer either directly or through third parties of other categories of labor where necessary (consultants, interns, casual labors etc.)
- Provide professional HR advises to Program leaders/Unit heads on strategic staffing/ staff development mechanism.
- Conduct the recruitment process in compliance with CIMMYT’s related policies and procedures, including terms of reference, approval processing, advertising, shortlisting, organizing interviews, offer letters and conduct required reference assessments as well as onboarding processes.
- Administer staff benefits program locally provided to staff, including reviewing and approving benefits entitlement of staff members and dependents.
- Contribute actively to the definition and implementation of HR processes, partnering in working groups with HR Representatives and/or other function’s representatives from Headquarter as well as other country offices, defining priorities and identifying best practices.
- Support the implementation of all HR processes as defined with HQ, including the annual processes defined in CIMMYT’s performance management cycle: performance review, salary review, promotions, and performance improvement plan processes.
- Ensure that payroll incidences are submitted and processes as per established payroll schedule for calculus by internal team/ external provider and execution via finance accounting.
- Maintain and update leave and attendance data of employees.
- Maintain staff database and personal files and ensure accuracy and real time updating of information.
- Participate actively in compliance and control processes where necessary. Support audit requests.
- Ensure appropriate internal communication on HR related topics is conducted effectively and timely, with the support of HR function at HQs.
- Ensure full compliance with local legislation as well as applicable HR policies and procedures established by CIMMYT for all Staff categories assigned in Nepal, including but not limited to hiring, discipline, promotion, termination, etc.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Learning & Development
- Support the development of a detailed annual training plan in consultation with CIMMYT HR-HQ program leads/managers/and CCR.
- Support CIMMYT’s wellness initiatives at country level.
- Identify appropriate resource/ trainers on theme and purpose of training wherever needed.
- Coordinate the administration of training programs, which includes raising the proposal to HQs for approval, resource mapping from the local market, logistics management etc.
- Review and understand the impact of training thereby developing the follow-up plans.
- Ensuring all the pre and post training assessments are properly scored.
- Documentation of various important activities and events.
- Ensuring all training related data is properly uploaded to Learning Management System.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- MBA or Master’s in Human Resource Management/People Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resource Management
- Experience with International NGO is preferred
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Good time management and team management skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Able to be flexible in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required
- Able to integrate into a multi-cultural team and cooperate with co-workers
Candidates must go through the link below and submit the application with detailed information no later than January 10th, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.