HR Administrative Assistant
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Administrative Assistant to work in the Human Resources Management Office, under the Corporate Services Program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Operate (incl. processing, review, and verification) HR management office general payments, pre-payment, reimbursements, invoices, petty cash, consultancy payments, provisions, and purchasing orders/requisitions throughout the year with relevant follow-up.
- Support the HR Executive Assistant in performing the functions by providing administrative support and assisting in preparing documents, reports, presentations, ad hoc HR documents, or any other related administrative task for the HR management office.
- Provide organizational support to the HR Management office by communicating among all HR team members to ensure operations run as smoothly as possible.
- Prioritize and organize HR Management function’s appointments and meetings.
- Provide support within the units in the HR department: Hospitality, RMU, and HR by maintaining appropriate communication and administration workflow.
- Support the HR Executive Assistant in liaison with other programs and areas within CIMMYT by ensuring communication flows among HR Director, HR Team Leads, HR staff, or related HR providers for any item that may arise in the department.
- Support the organization of the logistics of events, travels, courses, and workshops for the HR management office by arranging the required admin paperwork (e.g., visa, flight tickets, accommodation, request catering services, book meeting rooms, driver services, process pre-payments, request stationery, etc.)
- Provide general support for any related HR management office event through planning, organization, and coordination.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related administrative areas.
- At least 2 years of experience in similar roles or responsibilities.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite and/or MS365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience in the usage of online meetings and communications such as Zoom, Skype, MS Teams, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience in administrative tasks such as filing, logistics, and contact with providers or clients.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem-solving and decision-making, and Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and Mexican social benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M23163 HR Administrative Assistant.
For further information on the selection process, please get in touch with Valeria Galicia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.