Global Mobility and IRS HR Professional
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Global Mobility and Internatioanlly Recruited Staff (IRS) HR Professional to work in the Human Resources Department in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
CIMMYT Academy Administration:
- Coordinate the Student Training Program and its related administrative procedures.
- Coordinate the Partner Training Program and its related administrative procedures, facilitating the initiatives of CIMMYT’s scientific and administrative teams.
- Manage the student recruitment process with the universities and the student. Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding, travel, immigration, etc.
- Support the academy’s communication efforts internally within CIMMYT and externally with partners.
- Act as super user of the academy’s learning platform for the student-training program.
- Administer the partner-training program and its related administrative procedures.
- Register course participants/coordinators; create a user profile for new participants.
- Maintain the updated database for all new and past students and members in the academy system.
HR Business Partner:
- Support Program’s staffing plans, including internal mobility and recruitment needs
- Analyze trends and metrics of the IRS services
- Train and mentor colleagues on HR communication and systems.
- Work closely with the international staff to improve work relationships. Monitor Performance Improvement Plans where necessary
- Provide HR policy guidance to International staff.
- Propose to the Manager HR strategies, policies, and practices for the IRS Administration team.
- Prepare compensation and benefit packages.
- Conduct IRS recruitments in representation of the Manager where necessary
- Contribute to training and other Talent Management initiatives as required in coordination with the training team.
- Managing staff wellness initiatives.
- Follow up on the fulfillment of the Global Mobility Manager’s requests.
- Responsible for the execution of all HR administrative services related to the Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) and consultants of the assigned portfolio/client group, throughout the Staff employment period.
- Prepare and issue offer letters, employment contracts and any other document related to the working conditions and/or compensation of international staff.
- Prepare and review payroll incidences and all benefits payments.
- Support the on and off boarding process for the assigned programs.
- Contribute to recruitment processes as requested in coordination with the recruitment team.
- Support Staff throughout the relocation process.
- Ensure accurate and timely enrollment of Staff members and dependents to CIMMYT’s insurance plans.
- Maintain accuracy of all IRS data in the Human Resources Information System with high level of attention to detail.
- Manage and keep current personnel files as per the assigned programs: staff biography, leave, benefits and entitlements, and other support documentation.
- Implement policies in strict compliance with the applicable HR policies and relevant regulations.
- Support Management in the revision of all IRS related HR policies.
- Propose process improvements where possible.
- Liaise with CIMMYT’s external payroll provider as necessary to ensure timely processing of insurance enrollment, payroll transactions (in coordination with the CIMMYT-HR Payroll team).
- Support the HR initiatives for CIMMYT’s international staff and consultants.
- Provide general administrative and organizational support to the IRS HR team.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, International HR, Business Administration, International Relations, Law Degree, or related.
- The selected candidate must have more than 5 years of progressive experience in a related position.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills required in both English and Spanish languages.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Client Orientation, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21181 Global Mobility and IRS HR Professional. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, August 17th , 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.