The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of SASAS Driver for the USAID-funded Sustainable Agrifood Systems Approach for Sudan (SASAS) implemented in Sudan from October 2022 to September 2024. The goal of the SASAS project is to ensure smallholder farmers in important food production regions in Sub-Saharan Africa have the information and innovations needed, using market-based approaches, to maintain or increase food production to mitigate the impacts of the global food, fuel, and fertilizer price increases resulting from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
The position is based in Khartoum, Sudan.
- Drive CIMMYT staff and visitors to various destinations
- Perform airport transfers and meet and assist official CIMMYT visitors at the airport.
- Courier and delivery of administrative documents and follow-ups with authorities, in particular, but not limited to immigration services and the Ministry of foreign affairs.
- Handling office errands to various destinations e.g., visa processing.
- Issue staff assigned vehicles to staff as directed by supervisor.
- Daily checking on vehicle status.
- Ensure fuel replenishment is done in a timely manner and accurate records are maintained.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the fleet of vehicles as well as dropping and Picking CIMMYT vehicles to and from various garages.
- Perform minor repairs and ensure overall maintenance of CIMMYT vehicles.
- Recording vehicle mileage regularly.
- On standby for any CIMMYT staff with vehicle issues.
- Support vehicle-related procurement activities upon request from the supervisor by sourcing quotations, procurement of office and field required items as well as collection from suppliers.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- A minimum of 5 Ordinary Levels is a must.
- A clean Class 1 Driving License and a valid Defensive Driving Certificate are required and a must for this job.
- At least 5 years of experience in a not-for-profit organization or related organization.
- Ability to communicate and relate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Understand basic written and oral English. Ability to complete basic forms and reports.
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Ability to use e-mail and read GPS.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem-Solving decision-making, Negotiation, and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to SD23141_Driver.
For more information on the recruitment process please, contact Didier Gonzalez (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.