Capacity Building Specialist, CIMMYT Academy
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Capacity Building Specialist within the CIMMYT Academy to be responsible globally for the gathering, analysis, reporting, and processing of capacity building initiatives in collaboration with CIMMYT’s research programs for both the Student and the Partner Training Programs of the CIMMYT Academy.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- In coordination with CIMMYT’s stakeholders, identify capacity building opportunities and implement related actions to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives of the Partner Training program and the Academy.
- Design Partner training plans, in collaboration with scientist, program directors and managers, that meet the needs of CIMMYT’s research work force.
- Facilitate exchanges of information within CIMMYT’s capacity building community within the Research Programs.
- Create or enhance where necessary the Academy’s partnerships with universities to increase the quality and quantity or students applying to CIMMYT Academy offerings.
- Develop and implement processes and systems to support the operations of the Partner Training Program.
- Develop and share communication materials on partner training program.
- Register and ensure completeness for all Partners’ related courses and participants of the Partner Training Program.
- Ensure quality of the Partner data jointly with CIMMYT’s research programs.
- Establish and report on metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop and engage strategically with the Academy’s alumni network.
- List and maintain database and contacts of the Academy’s Partners
- Administer the Student Training Program and its related administrative procedures.
- Manage the student contracting process with universities and the student. Coordinate on and offboarding, travel, immigration, etc.
- Support the communication efforts of the Academy internally within CIMMYT and externally with Partners.
- Act as a super user of the Academy learning platform for the Student Training Program and Student Training Program
- Administer the Partner Training Program and its related administrative procedures.
- Monitor registration of course participants/coordinators and the creation of a user profile for the new participants.
- Maintain the database current for all past and new students and partners in the Academy systems (Learning Management System, Dynamics, other databases)
- Ensure the development of an effective external training community within CIMMYT.
- Contribute to the staff training program in collaboration with Human Resources where required.
- Supervise a team member(s) and collaborate functionally with peers and Academy stakeholders globally.
- Any other related activities requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Education, Capacity Building, Administration, Human Resources, International Relations, or a similar field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A scientific undergraduate degree is a plus, preferably in plant sciences.
- Experience in the organization of formal and informal training programs for a range of stakeholders, including farmers, extension workers from government, NGOs, and private sector, etc. in agricultural disciplines.
- Fluent and effective communication skills in English at all levels both internally and externally on the full range of work-related activities.
- Experience of Learning Management Systems.
- Intermediate level of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer orientation, communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Pro-Activity, and Multicultural Awareness.
Candidates must apply online to M23138 Capacity Building Specialist.
For more information on the recruitment process please, contact Martin Lem (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.