AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award for 2019
- Impact Area
This is an annual award, which was instituted by AfricaRice in honor of the late Dr Robert Carsky who served as agronomist at AfricaRice. The Carsky Award is conferred on staff, who have demonstrated high standards of excellence and made exceptional contributions to rice research, training and research support. Two awards are given every year, one to an Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) and the other to a General Support Staff (GSS).
Dr Gaudiose Mujawamariya, Rice Value Chain Expert and Gender Focal Point, who also serves as AfricaRice Representative in Madagascar received the 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award for IRS on 11 April at the 45th Meeting of the AfricaRice Board of Trustees, M’bé, Côte d’Ivoire. She received this prestigious award in recognition of her outstanding contributions to rice research in Africa, especially relating to rice value chain in Eastern Africa and her ongoing work on integrating gender in AfricaRice research. She has also contributed significantly to building strategic partnerships and resource mobilization efforts.
Mr Sanogo Fassouma, Senior Translator at AfricaRice, received the 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award for GSS for his outstanding support to AfricaRice translation service, strong commitment, trustworthiness, sense of responsibility and hard work.
Mrs Rebecca Khelseau-Carsky handed over the 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award to the winners in the presence of the AfricaRice Board of Trustees and staff members.
- Mrs Rebecca Khelseau-Carsky delivering her goodwill message at the 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award ceremony
- 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award : Dr Etienne Duveiller reading out the citation for the winner in the IRS category
- 2019 AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Award : Savitri Mohapatra reading out the citation for the winner in the GSS category
- AfricaRice Dr Robert Carsky Awardees
- Scenes from the 45th Meeting of the AfricaRice Board of Trustees, M’bé Research Station, Côte d’Ivoire