SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, Development and Value Chain (20-72)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Assam, India
International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Research Associate specialized in Development and Value Chain who can contribute to understanding and using the potential of potato markets and market-based interventions to reduce rural poverty in Assam, India.
The Project: The Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation project (APART) is a comprehensive development project involving national and international partners funded by the World Bank. The project objective is to add value and improve resilience of selected agriculture value chains in targeted districts of Assam. CIP’s engagement is to provide technical backstopping, innovations, and capacity building along the entire potato value chain to increase its productivity and improve the livelihoods of small-scale and marginal farmers. CIP will work in close collaboration with Assam government, university and private sector partners.
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics or social sciences and related fields, preferably with undergraduate in agriculture or
- At least 8 years relevant research experience in markets and value chains, including linking producers to consumers through
- Experience in working with private sector partners for post-harvest and value chain innovations.
- Good data management and statistical skills and proficiency in the use of key software applications (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi (knowledge of regional languages would be an advantage).
- Extensive experiences in training programs and ability working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
· Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.