Resource Mobilization Analyst (N-23-31)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima, Lima, Peru or Nairobi, Kenya
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic and proactive Resource Mobilization Analyst to support the Resource Mobilization Team in Lima, Peru or Nairobi, Kenya.
About the role:
The successful candidate will support RM efforts by contributing up-to-date information, intel and analyses of the funder and partnership landscape relevant to CIP. Also, the selected candidate will provide administrative and substantive support to the daily business operations of the unit and the organization as a whole. This position will report to the Resource Mobilization Director and would be based preferably in Lima, Peru or Nairobi, Kenya; but candidates from other countries where CIP has operations are welcome to apply.
- Closely monitor the engagement landscape as it relates to CIP to ensure key information on funders and partners and global agendas is kept up-to-date and relevant, providing input to development of funder engagement strategies, as appropriate.
- Identify new funding opportunities and new funders.
- Conduct opportunity eligibility reviews.
- Assist in preparation of talking points, meeting bios and other information required to brief the Resource Mobilization Director (RMD) and others involved in funder and partner engagement.
- Manage and track internal communications with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Support design and improvement of processes, systems and tools required to collect, analyses and interpret data and present it in a clear way useful for tactical decision-making and planning.
- Collect and analyze internal data to ensure that information in all relevant RM databases and reporting matrices is updated and correct.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analysis for high level internal reporting requirements, including Board documentation.
- Serve as Proposal Manager.
- Maintain CIP RM proposal data for One CGIAR monthly pipeline reporting.
- Oversee internal audit compliance with CIP RMU processes and procedures.
- Provide backstopping support to other RM staff as required.
- Provide support to the RMU and CIP administrative processes and functions, as assigned by the RMD, such as attendance to RMU meetings.
- Support the PNM process, collecting documentation, monitoring OCS system for PNM, quality check of PNM submissions, drafting PNM minutes and following up as required with PIs and other colleagues/units concerned.
- Train/monitor junior consultant workload as required.
- Comply with national and international health and safety laws, regulations, and standards.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Business, International Development, Data Engineering, Data Scientist or related studies.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in resource mobilization or related areas.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially in MS Word, PowerPoint,
- Experience with ICT tools, databases, dashboards, and other visualization formats to collect, store and present RM information.
- Experience with analysis, preparations of reports and briefs
- Excel budgeting and preparing presentations.
- Fluent in official language according to country location and intermediate level in English.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis. Its research is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
What are we offering?
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
The candidates should submit their cover letter and a full C.V. in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on April 21, 2023, and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.