Research Analyst I/II
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks to hire a highly motivated, energetic and data-oriented Research Analyst to work jointly with senior researchers from the Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division at IFPRI’s New Delhi Office and with nutrition policy and research partners..
Successful candidates will engage in quantitative research to support policy efforts on nutrition and health in India. Job duties will include support to quantitative data analysis, literature reviews including policy and program reviews and assistance in the preparation of reports and journal manuscripts. Support to policy and stakeholder communications activities is also expected. Successful candidates will work with an energetic set of senior researchers and policymakers who straddle academic fields in economics, public health and nutrition and work in strong collaborative project teams. Opportunities exist for co-authored publications, conference presentations and travel within India and abroad.
This position is a one-year, renewable appointment, hired at IFPRI’s regional office in New Delhi, India. Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in India and must be willing to actively support work in partnership with policy counterparts.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing large survey data sets on nutrition and health.
- Conducting literature reviews, preparing presentations and presentation materials.
- Providing research and analytical support for workshops and conferences
- Supporting activities related to communications and knowledge products (stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs)
- Co-ordinating with and managing national and international partners and collaborators involved in the projects
- Traveling, as needed, to field sites or international locations
- Research Analyst I: Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in a social science (economics, sociology, or anthropology), international development studies, nutrition, public health, or a closely related field
- Research Analyst II: Master’s degree plus minimum three years of post-master’s relevant experience
- Experience using statistical software packages, especially Stata
- Prior experience with survey data such as DHS, NFHS or NSSO and/or administrative data from programs
- Prior work experience with research organizations in India
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and pay close attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy, ability to multi-task and work well with people
- Willingness and ability to travel within India, including to rural areas, and internationally
- Experience working with international and national researchers
- Knowledge of major health, nutrition, social protection or livelihoods programs in India or Bangladesh
- Fluency in written and spoken Hindi or other South Asian languages, including Bangla.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading