The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Research Analyst (RA) for one-year appointment in its South Asia Regional Office. The RA will assist in the impact evaluation of an agri-tech extension intervention in South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Responsibilities will include providing research support, including overseeing field surveys, assisting with project deliverables according to strict timelines, coordinating project activities and managing stakeholder relationships. This position is located at IFPRI’s regional office in New Delhi, India but will involve travel.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in designing survey instruments for quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Supervise and coordinate field surveys.
- Maintain project datasets and prepare them for public dissemination.
- Assist in conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Conduct literature review and syntheses.
- Draft research papers, reports, policy briefs, journal articles, and internal reports.
- Coordinate project activities and track deliverables.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
The RA may also be assigned other duties as needed and work in close collaboration with the Director, South Asia and other staff as appropriate.
- At the Research Analyst I level, Bachelors’ degree plus two years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, International Development, Public Policy, or a closely related field.
- At the Research Analyst II level, Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields plus three years of relevant post master’s work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive and self-motivated.
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as Stata and R
- Strong background in Economics.
- Experience working with large, complex data sets and/or high frequency data.
- Experience with qualitative surveys and proficiency in software such as NVivo and/or exposure to GIS and remote sensing data.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Employee will be required to travel.
- Employee will be required to attend online meetings, sometimes outside of office hours to accommodate interactions with team members across time zones.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity