Research Analyst I
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst I withing the Environment and Production Technology Division (EPTD). This is a one-year, exempt, renewable appointment, depending on performance, based in Washington, DC. The analyst will provide research support, data and statistical analysis, economic modeling, communication and dissemination, and capacity strengthening with a focus on energy and water use in agriculture and natural resource management.
- Conduct literature reviews and syntheses in the area of energy-water-agriculture relations and natural resource management; assist in editing and/or co-authoring discussion papers, donor reports, and other knowledge or information products, including websites and blogs.
- Assist in analysis of a wide range of data sources, including household and firm surveys, government financial statistics and budget, national accounts data, as well as water budget and water resource data.
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools; develop associated model documentation and manuals; conduct statistical, econometric, or modeling analysis and interpret results.
- Interact with collaborators and project partners; organize and/or participate in technical or dissemination workshops in virtual or in-person settings at headquarters or in the field.
- Support efforts to strengthen capacity in partner organizations to develop models, undertake modeling, and formulate policy recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Natural Resource Management, or a closely related field plus two years of post- degree relevant professional experience; or Master’s degree in above mentioned areas or in a closely related field
- Demonstrated ability to conduct literature reviews for academic publications or research reports.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research in developing country settings, especially Africa and/or Asia.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quantitative data analysis, undertake statistical and/or economic modeling analysis, and interpret findings; exposure to statistical and programming languages such as STATA or GAMS
- Demonstrated experience in effective interaction and coordination with collaborators and project partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision; ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage time.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Demonstrated interest in linking natural resource data with economic modeling tools, such as partial and general equilibrium modeling tools.
- Highly skilled in data or statistical analysis using STATA and/or programming in GAMS
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written reports, journal articles, oral presentations, blog posts, and other forms of written and oral communications associated with scholarly research outputs.
- Fieldwork experience in Africa or Asia
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results, optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all of the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
- Click on the following link to access the Research Analyst I job application: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=IFPRI&cws=43&rid=2809