Research Analyst I
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Pakistan seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Analyst-I within the Development Strategy and Governance Division (DSGD). This is a One year, fixed-term, renewable appointment based in Islamabad, Pakistan. The RA-I will work on Pakistan Agriculture Capacity Enhancement (PACE) project. Applicants must have work authorization for Pakistan.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of discussion papers, donor reports
- Assist in developing data documentation manuals or other learning materials, as needed
- Assist in handling household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire)
- Assist with field implementation of survey activities (training survey enumerators, etc.)
- Assist with development of research instruments and analytical tools
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analysis
- Conduct literature reviews & synthesis
- Assist in preparing large datasets for public access
- Assist with responses to internal/external data requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy or a closely related field plus 2 years of post-Bachelor experience in relevant field or Master’s degree in the above disciplines
- Ability to perform quantitative data analysis
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind
- Excellent econometric skills on cross-section and panel data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results
- Skill in financial analysis, nutrition related topics, or economic modelling
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet based systems.
- Skilled in programming in STATA, GAMS and in managing household databases
- Strong background in microeconomics and industrial organization.
- Demonstrated professional experience in designing training modules, institutional changes, capacity building and report writing. Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system, and independently conducting technical workshops.
Please apply here by July 15,2021.