The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Research Analyst for a one-year, renewable, exempt appointment for its Development Strategy and Governance (DSG) Division. The position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesis
- Support the collection of primary and secondary data
- Assist with the development of survey instruments and the management of surveys/fieldwork
- Build large databases from multiple sources
- Analyze data using advance analytical methods
- Assist in drafting research reports and papers
- Assist in capacity strengthening activities
- Perform various tasks associated with the coordination of the collaborative research and capacity strengthening activities in Central Asia. Tasks will include but not be limited to such activities as:
- Coordinating project activities including organization of workshops, conferences, meetings and other events
- Coordinating distribution of IFPRI publications to collaborators in Central Asia, coordinating the organization of various short training courses and related activities
- Researching and maintaining updated content on website, blog, newsletter and other communication tools for the project activities.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant professional experience or Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, international development or closely related fields
- Excellent knowledge of macroeconomic and/or microeconomic theory
- Excellent knowledge of and quantitative econometric methods and/or economic modeling
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Stata and strong skills in managing/organizing large scale datasets
- Excellent analytical mind and drafting skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and produce completed products on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-oriented spirit; ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with initiative
- Willingness to travel
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.