AfricaRice: Resource Mobilization and Project Portfolio Coordinator
Resource Mobilization and Project Portfolio Coordinator
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Resource Mobilization and Project Portfolio Coordinator who will be based at M’Bé Research Station near Bouake in the Central
region of cote d’Ivoire. S/He will work under the supervision of the Research and Innovation
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Ensure more effective research planning and coordination and facilitate the access of scientists
to support services and funding opportunities and assist the Research and Innovation Director
with research projects portfolio management.
Under the supervision of the Research and Innovation Director, the Resource Mobilization and
Project Portfolio Coordinator will undertake activities with specific tasks that include, but are not limited to:
• Day-to-day management of the project portfolio in line with AfricaRice’s project
management standards and processes and in compliance with projects terms and
conditions of contracts as well as internal administrative rules.
• Assist scientists in the planning of and timely implementation (technical, budgets), and
monitoring of project activities.
• Coordinate the management of project budget, including budget allocation, review, and
• Manage donor relations to their highest satisfaction.
• Provide support to resource mobilization efforts that foster project objectives.
• Establish and maintain relationships with funders, government, and partner
representatives, while ensuring clarity about roles and responsibilities among institutions
and project management and budget lines holders.
• Foster good working relationship and effective communication with Program Leaders,
Project Coordinators and members of AfricaRice’s support services.
• Assist the Knowledge Management Unit to capitalize on Project Results and Impacts.
• Assist the Project Management Committee and Program Leaders with staff time and
resources allocation and timely project reporting.
• Ensure the enforcement of the risk management policy of the center in the areas of
• Lead special projects as and when these are assigned by the Research and Innovation
Director or the Director General (DG).
Education: Master’s degree in agricultural or development field, with qualifications in business management, project management or related field.
Work experience and key competencies required:
• with qualifications in business management, project management or related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in project management of international agricultural
development projects, preferably in low- or middle-income countries.
• Demonstrated experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning associated with
agricultural R&D projects
• Knowledge of donor landscape and demonstrated experience in resource mobilization
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a multicultural
• Demonstrated experience in change management and ability to work under minimal
• Ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and demonstrate composure under
stress and in times of uncertainty.
• Strong ability to assess and analyses challenges and provide rational and well-thoughtout conclusions and solutions.
• Strong self-motivation whilst being a team player.
• High integrity, result-oriented and able to exercise sound judgment and think creatively
• The candidate should be able to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or
French and have a good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
• This is an internationally recruited position.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gendersensitive work environment.
• The initial appointment is for three (3) years with the possibility for renewal based on
performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
1. To apply, click on the following link:
2. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access
3. Select “Resource Mobilization and Project Portfolio Coordinator”
4. Follow the step by step application procedure.
Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the
career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your
application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the
screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org ). Applications are not allowed through this email.
Not later than 1 March 2023
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to
excellence. We thank all candidates, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more
information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org