AfricaRice : Project Assistant
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Project Assistant who will be based at the
Regional Rice Value Chain Project (RRVCP) office in Niger.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is
also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the Coordinator of the AfricaRice Seed Unit, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the overall supervision and monitoring of the implementation of project activities in Niger.
The Project Assistant is responsible to assure the communication with project partners and the AfricaRice Seed Unit Coordinator with a focus on communication and management. S/He will conduct activities with specific tasks
that include, but are not limited to:
• Overall supervision and monitoring of the implementation of project activities in Niger.
• Help to design and implement RRVCP activities in Niger
• Stimulate and support the production of foundation seed of rice in active partnership with local private sector seed enterprises, millers, and farmer seed entrepreneurs
• Provide technical guidance to private sector seed enterprises and farmer seed entrepreneurs on the production of certified rice seed.
• Contribute to training of technicians and private sector seed agents on rice seed production and quality control
• Assist in the planning, conducting and evaluating trials and demonstrations. aimed at developing complementary technologies for improved varieties including hybrids of AfricaRice, IRRI, AATF
• Collect, manage and analyze the trial and demonstration data
• Produce quality technical and financial reports covering all the activities of the project
• Update data bases on complementary technologies for improved varieties
• Assist in strengthening project partners, including the private sector, through effective training and capacity building program
• Assist in organizing meetings and events with the partners and stakeholders
• Actively participate in the scaling of quality rice seed of improved and climate-smart rice varieties and hybrids,including toolkits to optimize productivity and yield increase on farmer’s field
• Carry out any other duties assigned by the Scientist.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Agriculture or related fields.
Work Experience and key Competencies Required
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in Project Assistance / Management
• Experience in the rice or seed production sector
• Hands on mentality
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in French or English and have a good working
knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a regional recruited position
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
• The initial appointment is for two (02) years with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final
completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email:
africariceHR@cgiar.org). Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow these below instructions:
1. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log in with your credentials to access your account
2. Register with your personal details
3. Select “Project Assistant”
4. Follow the step by step application procedure.
Not later than 17 May 2021
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We thank all candidates but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on AfricaRice,
please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org