‘Drylands and Rangelands: Harnessing Change’ at Global Landscapes Forum in New York
- With key stakeholders, lay the foundation to set the agenda of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration 2021–2030
- Raise awareness of opportunities in large-scale ecosystem restoration
- Forge new, non-traditional partnerships in ecosystem restoration work
- Coordinate and increase support for ecosystem restoration
- Explore restoration needs for five ecosystems: forests/agriculture, wetlands/peatlands, mountains, drylands/rangelands, oceans/coasts
- Strengthen, expand and connect existing restoration initiatives
The dearth of good data on rangelands and drylands will be highlighted, and a pathway mapped out for drawing sufficient attention to, and investment in, rangelands and drylands through the UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration.
A synopsis of what the six presenters will say tomorrow follows. . . .