Multiple Benefits of Climate Adaptation for Disaster-Related Displacement
03:00 pm > 04:00 pm UTC+01:00
Are you concerned about the impacts of climate change on vulnerable populations and displacement? Don’t miss our upcoming webinar!
🗓️ Date: Wednesday, 15th November 2023
Join us as we delve into the critical topic of climate adaptation for disaster-related displacement.
Our webinar will:
🌱 Explore practical challenges and opportunities in climate adaptation
🌏 Share diverse global experiences and success stories
🤝 Discuss ways to enhance policies and programs for more effective outcomes
- Michelle Yonetani, Senior Policy Officer, Office of the Special Advisor to the High Commissioner on Climate Action, UNHCR
- Sandra Ruckstuhl, Senior Researcher, International Water Management Institute and Co-lead, CGIAR Fragility, Conflict and Migration Initiative
- Tasneem Siddiqui, Professor, University of Dhaka and Founding Chair, Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU)
- Raphaela Schweiger, Yale World Fellow, Yale University
- Peter Laderach, Principal Scientist, Co-lead CGIAR Focus Climate Security, The Alliance of Bioversity & CIAT (Host)
This event is especially relevant for response and development agencies working with the world’s most vulnerable groups, including refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs), asylum seekers, and stateless people. We’ll address the urgent need for tailored information to support these communities in the face of escalating climate risks.