2021 Borlaug Dialogue: Aquatic foods for healthy people and planet
09:00 pm > 10:30 pm
A World Food Prize event exploring the integral role aquatic foods must have in food systems research, policies and investments for a transformation towards healthy, sustainable diets for all.
Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Time: 21:00-22:30 (UTC+8)
This Borlaug Dialogue hosted by WorldFish and CGIAR was held alongside the celebration of WorldFish’s Global Lead for Nutrition and Public Health Shakuntala Thilsted, who is honored with the 2021 World Food Prize for her influential work on nutrition, fish, and aquatic food systems.
The dialogue brought together government representatives and development funders to explore how anchoring aquatic foods in the global food system research, investment and policy agendas can lead to COVID-19 recovery and accelerate progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals.
The panel highlighted sustainable and inclusive actions to increase the supply and consumption of aquatic foods to fight malnutrition and hunger, boost equitable livelihoods while lowering the environmental footprints of our global food systems.
- Gareth Johnstone, Director General, WorldFish
Aquatic Foods in Action:
- Anu Garg, IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of Women and Child Development & Department of Water Resources, Government of Odisha, India
- Boitshepo Bibi Giyose, Senior Officer & Advisor to the CEO, African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD)
Aquatic Foods to Transform Food, Land and Water Systems:
- Robert Bertram, Chief Scientist, USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security
- Laura Birx, Deputy Director, Strategy, Planning and Management, Agricultural Development, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Joyce Njoro, Lead Technical Specialist, Nutrition, IFAD
- Marco Ferroni, Chair, CGIAR System Board
- Tana Lala-Pritchard, Executive Director for Strategy, Innovation, and Communications at WorldFish
Join CGIAR and WorldFish leaders at the main 2021 Borlaug Dialogue event. Click here to register and learn more.