Visitors Services & Protocol Manager
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Visitors Services & Protocol Manager. The position is based at ICRISAT headquarters in Patancheru, Hyderabad, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Coordinate visits of farmers, students, technical personnel, scientists and Professors of partner institutions, institute guests, Govt. Officials, diplomats, political leaders and also the ICRISAT Board members
- The above mentioned work requires, correspondence with all involved, prepare programs and its execution
- Liaison with other departments with-in ICRISAT and relevant Scientists/Program Directors
- Plan and execute protocol requirement for VIPs. This involves liaison with officials in Government. This will require night and weekend work and substantial self-driving.
- Maintenance of Visitor Service areas – Sohlberg Visitors Centre, SAT Venture, Academic Court, RW Cummings Auditorium and SM Barghouti Conference Room.
- Oversee developing/designing Visitor Service areas into visually appealing and educational areas to reflect ICRISAT’s mission and scientific work.
- Any assigned work by Assistant Director General, External Relations, DDG and DG.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science is mandatory, however, a post-graduation in Agricultural Science or is preferable.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience is required
The selected candidate will be placed in Scientific and Managerial Group (SMG) cadre. The position is initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 10 April 2019, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer