Visiting Scientist – Pearl Millet Breeding
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications from Indian Nationals for the post of Visiting Scientist-Pearl Millet Breeding position of Asia Program to be based at ICRISAT – Patancheru, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in Sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Assist in assembling and analyzing breeding and field datasets to support millet breeding program
- Contribute and assists for the documentation (publications and registrations) and responsible for documentations co-ordination with breeding team
- Contribute and assists in the development of training materials and other SOP and guidelines including micro-nutrient traits phenotyping
- Design and carry out field strategic experiments to evaluate biofortified breeding materials
- Data compilation, statistical analysis, assist in report writing in Harvest Plus project timely
- Contribute to the publication of action research results and success stories.
- Computer and Software skills for database management and experience working with phenotypic and genotypic datasets
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding/ Plant Biotechnology/ Plant Genetics with at least 3-4 years post-doctoral research experience and experience in an applied breeding program
- Experience or familiarity with hybrid breeding, grain micronutrient traits, quantitative genetics, genomics and data management tools for enhancing breeding efficiency
- Experience in executing a breeding strategic research/experiment in fields/glasshouse and phenotyping capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to documentation, publications and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
- Willingness to travel extensively in the region
- Good understanding of applied breeding theories and genomic assisted plant breeding
- Abilities to assist in various reporting/training events organized by the supervisor
This is a Visiting Scientist (VS) position for two years renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 10-March-2019, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer