The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Training Analyst in the Human Resources Department.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Implement induction, training and staff development plans based on the analysis of training needs and evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
- Act as responsible for the presentation (including all logistical aspects) of the Annual Training Plan.
- Research and develop training programs for the organization. This includes developing methods and materials, as well as preparing content for discussions, sessions and workshops.
- Evaluate training services, measure results and recommend program improvements, including new training methods, and determine the relevance of training to staff.
- Generate training effectiveness reports, as well as implement training and improvement processes throughout the organization.
- Contribute to the documentation of capacity development processes.
- Manage suppliers, as well as their training and development, as well as identify possible collaborators (universities, research institutions, private, etc.) to carry out training activities.
- Provide guidance to units and areas in the execution of various training activities.
- Provide support and advice to managers on training methodologies.
- Collect data and prepare reports on training events and integrate them as requested.
- Monitor and be responsible for the training budget balance.
- Be responsible for licenses on external training platforms.
- Support in activities related to language teaching, such as:
- Verify that the hours reported by the teachers are the same according to their schedule.
- Track student attendance.
- Monitor teacher performance and compliance.
- Support teachers with additional requirements.
- Coordinate the administration of the institutional training platform (LMS). As well as support the implementation of e-learning strategies.
- Follow up on administrative processes: obtaining authorizations, recording participation in the database, reviewing supporting documentation, collecting feedback from external and internal courses, following up on staff attendance at trainings.
- Make reservations for cafeteria rooms and services.
- Make payments to suppliers and requests for purchase orders.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Pedagogy, Phycology, Business Administration, International Business, or related field, with substantial relevant experience, preferably in a multinational environment.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Training or Organizational Development.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Software.
- Experience managing LMS.
- Experience in creation and development of training plans, courses and follow up with vendors.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Customer Orientation and Teamwork.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.