The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator (Fisheries) depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within BISA’s new collaboration with WorldFish. WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries. Please refer to this website for more information: www.worldfishcenter.org
The positions will be based at Assam, India.
- Assist the Project Coordinator to provide required technical support for the various WorldFish interventions in the project districts along with the partners.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship and network with project partners including Directorate of Fisheries, ARIAS Society and College of Fisheries, AAU.
- Develop block level micro-plans for implementation of the project / scheme activities by WorldFish in the assigned districts in consultation with the concerned District Fisheries Development Officers (DFO) and Block level Fisheries Development Officers (FDO) and under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator of the project.
- Provide regular technical support to the target beneficiaries for implementation of fisheries and aquaculture activities. This includes regular visit to beneficiary farmers and on-farm technical support and market linkage support to them.
- Conduct and facilitate village/block/district level awareness meetings, trainings and other forms of campaigns as directed by the Project coordinator on regular basis.
- Conduct base-line, mid-line and end-line surveys as per the MEL (monitoring, evaluation and learning) plans of the project. Collect various other data from beneficiaries either through paper based survey or using Mobile App based MIS under the guidance of Project Coordinator.
- Prepare the monthly activity report on 1st date of every month along with the plan of activities for the following month. Assist in preparing detailed monthly project progress reports, half-yearly reports, annual reports, project deliverables and project presentations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Project Coordinator as and when required.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Fisheries Science /Agriculture/Life Sciences is essential.Ph.D. in Fisheries/Agriculture/Life sciences is preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant field work experience in Fisheries/Agriculture related development projects of Government, NGO or Private Sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of aquaculture systems, open-water fisheries, fish markets, extension programs is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with staff at all levels, including field staff; works well in teams; able to motivate others.
- Should have skills to resolve conflicts, team management, team work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with beneficiaries and stakeholders at all levels, including the ability to provide technical advisory support.
- Possess a keen interest to work with communities.
- Work experience with government and local NGOs will be an added advantage.
- Excellent fluency in written and oral Assamese and Good fluency in written and oral Bengali/Hindi/English.
- Good skill in Use of Computer, Smart Phone and Mobile App.
- Motorcycle/ Two-wheeler Driving License.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with annual renewal subject to performance. Thereafter, the contract would be renewed based on overall performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter, CV and name & contact details of three professional referees you have worked for as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, August 3, 2021, to Human Resources, CIMMYT-BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21133 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.