Technical Coordinator-Seed Production & Training
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator-Seed Production & Training.
The position will be based in Ludhiana.
- Maintenance breeding for all crops under seed multiplication.
- Quality of seed production of different categories (NS, BS, FS & CS/TL) at all BISA farms together with Station Coordinator.
- Implement seed production plan at 3 BISA farms following indent received from GoI in coordination with station coordinator.
- Timely submission of BSP forms for 3 BISA farms in coordination with Station Coordinator and crop monitoring for Breeder/other classes of seed as per requirement.
- Ensure quality and purity standard of seed during processing activities at Ludhiana site and issuance of breeder seed certificate and tags.
- Training on seed production and maintain records for training imparted.
- Manage and maintain seed production records including processing activities.
- Develop farm maps (crop plan) for 3 BISA farms in coordination with Station Coordinator.
- Coordinate with all scientists for trainings to be conducted in their respective programs.
- Develop and update tracker for all trainings.
- Any other activity assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in plant breeding and genetics or relevant subject.
- Demonstrated on-farm field experience with any public or private institution in related field for at least 3 years.
- Knowledge of crop monitoring and evaluation of field interventions.
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate crop plan and training schedule.
- Experience in seed production and crop management.
- Knowledge of POPs for major crops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferably in English.
- Knowledge of computer skills (MS-Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Candidate must have valid driving license.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Client Orientation, Teamwork and Communication.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with annual renewal subject to performance. Thereafter, the contract would be renewed based on overall performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, February 7, 2022, to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21157 in the subject of your email). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.