Technical Associate (Electronics & Instrumentation)
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Technical Associate (Electronics & Instrumentation). This position is based at ICRISAT Headquarters, Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Work independently and also as a team member with other Technicians in repair and maintenance jobs
- To attend repairs and installation works of electronic equipment
- Cable Laying and channeling work
- Material movement from stores
- Follow safety and quality standards
- Records maintenance
- To provide technical support for PA system operation for various events
- Repair of office equipment like Printers, photocopiers, Monitors
- Calibration and Repair of Lab equipment like PH meters, Spectrophotometers, GC, HPLC, Water purification systems, centrifuges, Geldoc systems, etc.
- Repair of Motorola wireless sets, Power supplies, UPS systems, Fire alarm security systems, CC camera surveillance system
- Operation of PA system
- Maintenance of PLC’s, BMS system
- Diploma ( Electronics and communication / electronics and Instrumentation)
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience
- Should be able to speak (Telugu, Hindi, and English) & read / write simple English.
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to work in multicultural team.
- Should be willing to attend emergencies after office hours and on holidays.
- Should be willing to reside in campus/ near to campus if required.
- Possessing a valid RTA License (2 wheeler and LMV) is desirable
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 21 October 2018, with the letter of motivation, the latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer