Technical Associate – AIP
ICRISAT seeks applications from dynamic Indian Nationals for the position of Technical Associate. This position is responsible for office and lab facilities operations and maintenance at the Agribusiness and Innovation Platform (AIP) in the Research Program – Innovation Systems for Drylands. This position will report to COO-INP program, AIP and is based at ICRISAT- Patancheru, Telangana.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR System Organization. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Day to day office operations handling, liaising with other departments of the institute, lab and office equipment maintenance & servicing, AIP asset management, training programs and events arrangements for AIP
- To run and maintain the sorghum and millet processing pilot facility at AIP-ICRISAT.
- Providing support to all the three internal programs of AIP in terms of project on-field activities, lab works, admin works, maintenance of AIP premises (pilot plant & food lab)
- Participate and assist the staff in on field activities of AIP in outstation project locations
- Carry out any additional work as assignment by the management
- Diploma or under graduate degree in any science discipline
- Candidate with min 5 years of experience is desirable
- Similar experience in earlier organization is necessary
- Candidate should essentially be a good communicator and a team player
- Knowledge of lab maintenance and office facilities management is highly desirable
- 4 wheeler driving knowledge is necessary with a valid Indian driving license
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, initially for a period of three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 7 October 2018, with the letter of motivation, the latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer