The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Station Coordinator.
The position will be based at Pusa (Bihar).
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Planning for farm land use, seed production, agri-input arrangements, labor management, machinery arrangements and execution farm activities (planting, harvesting, processing, storage, registration and disposal of seed).
- Ensure proper track records of agri-input used and output produced, movements of the assets and farm produces, administrative and accounting activities, to ensure compliance with the established programs and laws.
- Engage and regulate, in coordination with the labor contractor, the supply of farm labors that are required in the station in order to meet the requirements of the research program and the station itself.
- Assist in farmers training, farmers participatory seed production, different projects as per the directions of station in-charge/supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Agronomy with 1-2 years of experience of better agronomic management practices from a recognized organization or Ph. D in Agronomy.
- Thorough knowledge of crop production, latest machineries, conservation agriculture practices and farm management.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Good understanding of English and ability to communicate orally on daily routine matters; review literature, draft questionnaires, write draft reports etc.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Communication.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Saturday, March 6, 2020 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN20172 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.