Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Software Quality Assurance Engineer at CIMMYT. The position is an opportunity for professionals to acquire experience and skills in software quality assurance. As such, the candidate will work closely with a team in providing efficient and modern solutions in building and testing applications that serve user needs, as well as collaborate with internal customers including but not limited to software developers, requirement analysts, testers, technical leads, and subject matter experts for a variety of software products.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Help ensure that software testing is of high quality and works as automatically as possible
- Help ensure that critical bugs/defects/issues of software products are kept to a minimum
- Recommend and implement testing methodologies that are modern and efficient while being cost-effective
- Design, develop, execute and maintain tests for use in exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality
- Proper documentation and efficient management of test plans and test cases used across testing stages in the software development
- Produce required technical documentation and materials such as reports, workflows, tables, and test scripts
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Help ensure that testing artefacts produced by the team adheres to agreed software development and project management best practices
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers, requirements analysts and product managers) to identify system requirements
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- The selected candidate must have working experience of 1-3 year in similar role preferably with Non-Profit Sector.
- The selected candidate must exhibit knowledge and skills in applying:
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in agile/scrum development process.
- Expertise in software quality assurance methodologies, processes and automated testing tools.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Team Values: Work Ethic, Initiative, Team-player, and Communicates well.
- Basic level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of A2 on CEFR. Oral communication and presentation skills required.
- The selected candidate must exhibit must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Customer Orientation.
- The selected candidate must have experience in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21173 Software Quality Assurance Engineer. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, August 16th , 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.