Senior Research Fellow – Genomics & Molecular Breeding
- Published on
ICRISAT is seeking applications for the post of Senior Research Fellow – Genomics & Molecular Breeding, from Indian Nationals with expertise in crop genomics and molecular breeding to work on ICRISAT mandate crops. The incumbents will be based at ICRISAT Headquarters at Patancheru, Telangana State, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Conducting analysis related to genetic diversity, genetic mapping and Quantitative trait locus (QTL) analysis, population structure, genome-wide association studies
- Generating and performing genetic and genomic analyses using high-throughput genotyping / sequencing and phenotypic data for candidate gene discovery, marker development and molecular breeding, including genomic selection
- Developing cost-effective and easy to genotype SSR/SNP assays for high throughput screening of breeding material
- Processing, analyzing, and archiving genomic and phenotypic data sets, conducting analyses, interpreting findings, and compiling of results and writing reports
- Knowledge on modern breeding approaches such as MABC, MARS and genomic selection will be preferred
- Any other work assigned by the supervisor
- M.Sc. / M.Sc. (Ag) in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/Genetics with NET qualification and two years of research experience
- Preference will be given to candidate with working experience on genomics and molecular breeding.
- Good team player in cross-functional environments with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a consolidated position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent, funding availability, and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 14 October 2018 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer